Monday 23 November 2009

update (in different parts) - where do I start?

Yes, where do I start? I'm 'a bit' behind with my blog. Last week was totally hectic but I survived. On Friday we had 4 (!) sessions... Today is Monday 23 November and I'm tired - and we had a very very very boring class today. I'll tell you later.

Let me start to tell you a bit about last Friday. Duckday! Pink duckbreasts with some sort of polenta and turned (oh yeah, here we go again) apples.

With a nice sauce that we made from ze bones. That was easy - especially the apples. Not a bad dish in practical. I didn't want to eat it because I was going out to dinner with Henk from Amsterdam tonight. So the duck found it's way pretty easy in the direction of one of the pastry/chocolate boys - Petri from Finland. He took it home.

Third/fourth class was a pie. With lots of meat and fat in in. Actually it wasn't that bad and chef Lesourd helped a bit. He played around with herbs, soy sauce and other stuff and produced a pretty desceny pie. I gave it to the plongeurs, sans le sauce. He didn't like that bit - but it was the best bit actually!










Monsieur Liu, China.






In the morning we also had a fire drill - again. So out we went into the infamous Rue Leon Delhomme, also known as dogshit-street. We made our way back in clean this time....

Pie day; a short impression of a crazy/funny/nice/interesting group....
Levi at chef's level!
My pie with a disease...
Damien from France, always good for a laugh!
Cris decorating the pie.
Last demo was a LOBSTER lesson. Nice! Absolutely not difficult to make and not that much fat/butter/cream in a dish. Tomorrow, Saturday, we'll prepare it ourselves.

Sjoerd

No comments:

Post a Comment